1950 furniture styles
1950 Furniture Styles – 1950's Vintage Style Happy Birthday Tablecloth – 1950 Mid-century McCobb Dining Area
1950 Furniture Styles
- Furniture (probably from the French 'fournir' — to provide) is the mass noun for the movable objects ('mobile' in Latin languages) intended to support various human activities such as seating and sleeping in beds, to hold objects at a convenient height for work using horizontal surfaces above
- In typesetting, furniture is a term for pieces of wood that are shorter than the height of the type. These pieces are used to layout type by blocking out empty spaces (white space) in a layout set in a chase.
- furnishings that make a room or other area ready for occupancy; "they had too much furniture for the small apartment"; "there was only one piece of furniture in the room"
- Furniture was a British pop band, active from 1979 to 1991 and best known for their 1986 Top 30 hit "Brilliant Mind".
- Shapeshifter are a live drum and bass act from New Zealand. They have been heralded as a musical phenomenon for their ground breaking live shows and unique blend of heavy soul/drum and bass.
- style – manner: how something is done or how it happens; "her dignified manner"; "his rapid manner of talking"; "their nomadic mode of existence"; "in the characteristic New York style"; "a lonely way of life"; "in an abrasive fashion"
- expressive style: a way of expressing something (in language or art or music etc.) that is characteristic of a particular person or group of people or period; "all the reporters were expected to adopt the style of the newspaper"
- style – a particular kind (as to appearance); "this style of shoe is in demand"
- 1950 (MCML) was a common year starting on Sunday (link will display the full calendar) of the Gregorian calendar. It is also the index year, or year 0, that scientists use for before present figures.
- 1950 was the first album release from Soul-Junk. It was originally released as an indie CD by Glen Galaxy. The album was also released by Shrimper Records as a cassette with a smaller track list. In 2005, the CD version was re-released by Sounds Familyre.
1950 furniture styles – 1950's Vintage
1950's Vintage Style Happy Birthday Tablecloth
A wonderfully faithful reproduction of the classic 1950’s Happy Birthday tablecloth! Decorate your table with this fabulous design featuring confetti, balloons, noisemakers, party hats, streamers and candy cups! Size: 52″ x 52″ 100% cotton. Order 2 and combine for larger table sizes.
1950 Mid-century McCobb Dining Area
This image was published in American Home in July 1950 as part of an article about building a small house. The furniture, supplied by Bloomingdale’s of New York, was part of the Paul McCobb Planner Group. I love this.
1950 Fireplace Corner
Published in American Home as part of an article on building a new house. The architect was James Scovil and the house was built on Northern Boulevard, Roslyn, Long Island. Furnished by Bloomingdale’s, most of the furniture was part of the Planner collection by Paul McCobb.
1950 furniture styles
This highly praised celebration of ’50s design recalls the wonders of boomerang-shaped coffee tables, the funky curvaceousness of biomorphic furniture, the industrial sleekness of cool metals, and other design delights. “Will undoubtedly foster a new appreciation of furniture from the ’50s.”–Chicago Sun-Times. 125 4-color photographs and 100 black-and-white photographs.